What you must do in the event of a claim:
- Contact us as soon as you become aware of a claim or a potential claim. Any delay in advising us of a claim or potential claim may result in a reduction in the amount paid by your insurer.
- Take all reasonable steps to stop any further loss from occurring.
- If you become aware of a potential claim which may be made against you by another party, contact us as soon as you become aware. You do not need to wait for a formal notification.
What you must not do:
- You must not give authority for repair or replacement of any damaged or lost property without consent from your insurer.
- If a claim is being made against you by another party, you must not admit responsibility for any claim, nor must you promise to pay, or offer any payment for a claim.
- Any of these actions may result in reducing or negating the insurance protection you have.